Dr. Jean Ann Larson, FHIMSS, FACHE, DSHS, CSSGB
Dr. Larson is an experienced executive who partners with executive teams, leaders and individuals to help them become more productive while bringing innovation into their businesses and lives. She and her team work with leaders to deliver visionary, strategic and innovative solutions that lead to more productive partnerships, transformative learning, and the development of strong, empowered teams, resulting in higher ROI and successful lasting outcomes. Jean Ann has a degree in industrial engineering from Wichita State University, an international MBA from Thunderbird and a doctorate in Organization Change from Pepperdine University. She has written, edited and published books and many articles on process redesign, process improvement, leadership and organization change. She is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences on change management, leadership, transformation, cultural change, learning and organization development.
Affiliations and Honors
Dr. Larson is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), President of the Society of Health Systems Board of Directors, a former Vice Chair of the Hospital Information Management Systems Society, a member of the National Speakers Academy, a member of the OD Network, and the Academy of Management. She received the Michigan Health Council Award for Leadership Development (2009), the ACHE service award (2008), the 1998 HIMSS Management Engineering Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Field of Health Care Management Engineering. In 2011 she was named the Wichita State University Sam Bloomfield Distinguished Engineer-in-Residence.
- COMING SOON! Stories of Professional Transitions – Building a Bridge to What is Next – publication date of 2013
- Dr. Jean Ann Larson is the editor of the book Management Engineers in Healthcare (publication date March 2013), - Contact us to leave your name and contact number to get notified once it is published. This book by various experts in the field, including Dr. Larson, describes available methodologies to improve all your operational challenges and help you better assess and measure your outcomes.
- Effective Guidebook for Management Engineering, Editor, February 2002 HIMSS publishing.
- Healthcare Redesign: Tools and Techniques for Healthcare Professionals, Published August of 1997 by Quality Resources, Inc. ISBN 0-527-76322-5.
Selected Presentations and Other Publications
- Care Management Process Redesign: Using Multi-Functional Staff Teams to Identify Process Inefficiencies and Implement Innovative New Solutions - Presentation to the Best Practices in Lean/Six Sigma in Healthcare sponsored by the Institute of Industrial Engineers, October 29, 2012, Atlanta, GA
- Managing Professional Transitions as Part of Organizational Change, Proceedings and presentation to the Annual Society for Health Systems Conference, February 20, 2012 in Las Vegas, NV
- Host and Moderator of State of the Union: Comprehensive Performance Improvement & Quality Management Systems – Ensuring High Quality of Care, North Texas ACHE, December 2011
- Host and Moderator of Lean - Best Practices in Healthcare – cosponsored with the Institute of Industrial Engineers, October 2011, Plano, TX
- Leaders as Chief Retention Officers, Presentation to the Corporate University Summit, May 9, 2008, Las Vegas, NV
- Changing Organization Culture Through Performance Management - Proceedings and presentation to the 20th Annual Society for Health Systems Conference in February 22-24, 2008, Orlando, FL
- Using Structured Dialogue and Conceptual Learning Maps to Facilitate Change at a Large Health System
Organization Development Journal 25(3) October 2007.
- Changing Behaviors and Organizational Outcomes through Leadership and Change Management, Proceedings and presentation to 17th Annual Society for Health Systems, Management Engineering Forum, February 12 – 13, 2005, Dallas, TX
- Healthcare Information Technology: Maximizing the Investment through Education, Proceedings and presentation to the Chinese Health Information Technology Association (CHITA), Beijing, China, May 2002.
- What a Systems Approach Can Do For Your Organization, June 2000 Invited speaker in a presentation to healthcare leaders in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- Leading Change – Half-day workshop for the 1999 Healthcare Executives Symposium, Co-sponsored by HIMSS, March 30, 1999 in Indian Wells, CA
- “Charting the Course by Radar: Balancing Cost, Quality and Customer Service.” Proceedings and presentation at the Quest for Quality and Productivity in Health Services Conference, September 1997, St. Louis sponsored by the Society of Health Systems of the Institute of Industrial Engineering. Also, presented at the February 1998 HIMSS conference in Orlando, FL
"I had the privilege of working with a great thought leader - Dr. Jean Ann Larson. She has been a wonderful leader for the organization and a great mentor for me personally. I have attended training sessions in Servant Leadership and am glad that I was able to work with a leader who practiced that. Healthcare needs more leaders like Dr. Larson as organizations steer through ever increasing complexity."
Healthcare executive in Dr. Larson's former management team